PEOPLEASE is looking for a qualified Financial Analyst to join our team. The purpose of the Accounting & Finance Department is to manage the planning and forecasting process through insightful analyses and information to enhance overall company decision making and profitability. The Financial Analyst will play a critical role in expanding our reach by providing broad-based collaboration to our Regional Sales Managers in support of our strategic initiative to drive greater excellence and effectiveness in our sales organization while also supporting our internal accounting and finance units.
An ideal candidate will have the ability to manage and execute the coordination of multiple projects within required timeframes and expectations; demonstrated excellence in communication skills; be able to inform both orally and in writing; working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Demonstrate the ability to perform detail-oriented tasks; interact, coordinate, follow up, and effectively communicate with Finance team members, regional teams, Senior Management, and Third-Party Administrators.
Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to function as a remote employee in a distributed work team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the decision-making process by delivering accurate and timely data, analysis, and recommendations through profitable pricing for growth strategies
- Assists FP&A Manager with business budget & forecast preparation & analysis, managing reporting needs as directed
- Support Manager to compile and communicate variance drivers at a high level of competency to regional leadership for client financials & growth through additional business and auxiliary service pricing
- Collaborate with Accounting on the month-end close process and related analysis
- Assist with ad hoc projects, responsibilities, and duties assigned while maintaining the security and confidentiality of pertinent information
- Compile price change information, summarize and provide insight on recommendations for client re-pricing actions
- Assist with data analysis and evaluation to provide feedback to sales colleagues/ management on target pricing as needed
- Assist in Proactively identifying and resolving data discrepancies, p direction, and assist colleagues with resolving discrepancies and variances
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Grad Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field is required
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience with accounting and financial analysis
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and MS Office and other analytical software is required
- Experience with Client Space and PrismHR Preferred
- Experience in PEO space or high-deductible insurance products is highly desired
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in insurance or other risk-based industries is considered a plus
- Demonstrate logical reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to identify, analyze, evaluate and interpret information
- Ability to coordinate across multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Works independently and in a remote team environment with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with the ability to understand the critical need to meet deadlines
- Proactively communicate with the manager on limitations
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions, and work collaboratively with cross-functional regional teams while adding value to the Accounting and Finance Team
- Ability to function in ambiguity with a can-do attitude and to find solutions with less-than-perfect information and complexities
- Willingness to ask for help and leverage the knowledge and experience of others to overcome tough obstacles
- Enthusiastically makes contributions and takes satisfaction in team accomplishments
Why Work for Us
At PEOPLEASE, we strive to provide our employees with the best experience possible with a focus on health & wellness, learning & development, and a work/life balance. Our company benefits are aimed towards taking care of our employees and their families.
We offer an array of benefits including:
- Remote work
- Company-paid employee medical/vision/dental
- 8 Paid holidays
- PTO accrual plan starting at 80 hours
- Potential for quarterly bonuses
- STD/LTD benefits
- Legal Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This position will be working primarily indoors and some of the time in an outdoor environment. From this movement, the employee will encounter varying temperatures. The normal auto and air travel hazards will apply.